Rit Powder dye is a multipurpose dye that is useful for dying, not just fabrics but a variety of other objects.
Rit works best on many natural, washable fabrics and materials, such as:
- 100% cotton, linen, silk, wool
- Manmade fibres such as rayon and nylon
- Fibre blends with at least 60% cotton or other dyeable fiber (blends will tint evenly but will not achieve full color)
- Nylon-based plastic such as those found in buttons, you can even dye many R/C car parts, as well as various trim pieces in your own car.
- Natural materials such as wood, wicker, paper, feathers and cork
Fabrics and materials that will not accept dye, such as:
- 100% polyester, acrylic, acetate, fiberglass, spandex and metallic fibers
- Fabrics with rubber backing (bath mats or rubber backed rugs)
- Fabrics with special finishes such as water repellents
- Fabrics with bleach damage or extensive staining
- Fabrics washable only in cold water or labeled “dry clean only”
- Polyethylene plastics such as golf discs
- Polycarbonate plastics such as eyeglass frames
Fibre content and weight also affect how the colour appears during the process, making fabrics like cotton, wool and silk absorb dye differently and slightly changing the hue and brightness of the chosen colour. If you are in doubt as to whether your fabric will accept dye or achieve the colour you want, it's recommend to test a swatch first.
Standard UK Delivery
£3.20 Royal Mail 2nd Class (3-5 working days)
£3.60 Royal Mail 1st Class (2-3 working days)
International buyers, please Contact Us for a quote.